ABOUT ACT FOUNDATION
Aspire Coronation Trust (ACT) Foundation is a grant making organization established in 2016 to support local, national and regional non – profit organizations working to address challenges and associated vulnerabilities across the African Continent.
ACT Foundation is avid about contributing to the development of a healthy and productive nation. We believe that if individuals live healthy lives then they can be empowered to lift themselves out of poverty and be productive members of the society.
We will support organizations that focus on health initiatives such as Malaria, Cancer (Breast Cervical and Prostrate), Maternal and Child Health. Such initiatives could involve Education, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and management.
The foundation’s objective is to partner with non –profit organization that will harness the capabilities of the rural and urban poor population by supplementing them with knowledge, skill sets, tools and finance so that they can live as a productive citizen in a global society.
The foundation will partner with non – profit organizations with a focus on critical environmental problems in Nigeria such as, Water and Sanitation (Waste Management).
The foundation recognizes that we have leadership challenges as a nation and there is a need to build a new generation of credible, accountable and ethical leaders who will propel the continent towards sustainable economic development.
We will support organizations with a focus on developing the leadership skills of individuals particularly Youth, in Governance, economic development, organizational and professional development. We will also partner on initiatives that promote thought leadership and national development.
ACT Foundation will support initiatives that improve the lives of individuals and families through Income generation and economic empowerment. This can include projects that provide access to funds (grants, products) for MSMEs and provide vital business trainings as well as technical assistance to aid entrepreneurs start up or expand their businesses so as to improve their livelihoods and generate jobs. Projects should be targeted at Low income families and Micro, Small and medium sized Enterprises.
GRANT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Organizations must have been in existence for a least two years
- Must be legally registered as a Non Profit organization (GTE/LTD)
- Should have a strong governance structure (Board of Directors, CEO etc)
- Must show evidence of other sources of funding.
- Should have audited accounts.
- Organization must show track record of work in the area of engagement.
- Projects/programmes must have a maximum life cycle of 12 months.
- Organizations should have staff strength of at least 5 Individuals.
- Be open to independent audit
ACT Foundation grants WILL NOT be extended to the following:
- A branch of government or a government entity,
- Any entity that has mismanaged other Foundations funds in the past;
- Political parties, campaigns groupings, institutions or their subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Organizations that advocate, promote, or espouse inhumane policies, illegal activities or terrorism; and
- Any organization that has not signed a grant agreement with the Foundation
The foundation does not generally make grants to for – profit organizations
ACT foundation does not make grants in support of the purchase, construction, or renovation of buildings; however, the foundation may support the purchase of equipment that is essential to the successful outcome of the foundation’s funded projects.
The Grant Application Guidelines
STEP 1: COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION
- All initial applications will be made via the online application portal. Unsolicited applications will not be considered (ONLY organizations that meet all the eligibility criteria will be screened).
- Only organizations whose applications are approved by management will be contacted to submit full proposals.
STEP 2: SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL WITH DETAILED BUDGET
- Only successful applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal with a detailed budget for the grants.
- Applicants will be requested to submit references and due diligence will be conducted on all organizations.
- Applicants may be required to submit further information to provide clarity on projects.
- Curriculum Vitae of all members of the project team should be attached to proposal
- All conflict of interest should be declared
- Projects must indicate a strong Monitoring and Evaluation Plan as well as show a sustainability plan.
- All proposals will be reviewed by an independent selection committee.
- All applicants will receive final feedback on proposals sent and any enquires at this stage can be made to ACT foundation email@example.com.
STEP 3: SIGNING OF CONTRACT AGREEMENT
Upon final approval of the proposal, organizations will be notified and MOU signed before disbursement of funds.
VISIT ACT Foundation for more details