Application Close: November 29, 2017
The Regional Office for Africa (AFRO), based in Brazzaville, Republic of Congo, is one of the six regions of the World Health Organization (WHO). AFRO is responsible for 47 of the 54 countries in Africa. The regional office plans and executes WHO’s work in these countries and supports the Member States to attain the highest possible level of health for all people.
- To provide a framework for assigning students from diverse academic backgrounds to WHO programmes that can enhance their educational experience through practical assignments;
- To expose students to the work of WHO;
- To provide WHO programmes with input from students specializing in various fields. Most students are placed in health-related programmes, although other disciplines can be considered as appropriate.
- Be at least twenty years of age on the date of application;
- Be able to work full-time and support oneself financially during an internship placement (i.e. with no remuneration from WHO);
- Not be related to a staff member (e.g. son/daughter, brother/sister or mother/father);
- Have not previously participated in WHO’s Internship Programme;
- Hold a valid passport of a WHO Member State.
- Have completed 3 years of full-time study in the relevant area.
- Be fluent in either English or French, the working languages of AFRO.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
IF YOU VALUE THIS POST KINDLY SHARE