Application Closes: 15th September, 2017
Have you been inspired by a project helping women and girls cross the digital divide? Nominations are now open for the Equals in Tech Awards, the annual award for gender equality and mainstreaming in the field of technology. The award by ITU and UN Women recognizes work around the globe helping to narrow the gender digital divide. Outstanding initiatives that use the power of information and communication technologies (ICTs) to empower women and girls are invited.
The “Equals in Tech” Awards (formerly the GEM-TECH Awards) is an annual initiative designed to promote gender equality and mainstreaming in technology. The awards are now part of Equals, an ITU and UN Women global partnership to achieve gender equality in the digital age. In addition to supporting gender equality in the ICT field and advancing the role of women as ICT decision-makers, the awards also showcase how ICTs can be used to dramatically improve social, political and economic outcomes for women and girls.
EQUALS is a ground-breaking global initiative delivered by a committed partnership of corporate leaders, governments, non-profit organizations, communities and individuals around the world working together to bridge the digital gender divide – by bringing women to tech, and tech to women.
The award is in three areas:
- Access: Develop gender responsive ICT governance, policy and access-Initiatives focused on new legislation, policy frameworks or internal corporate strategy to improve women’s digital technology access, connectivity and security
- Skills: Encourage women and girls to pursue education in STEM studies-Initiatives encouraging more women in the STEM field (science, technology, engineering and math), focusing on the development of more relevant content, and addressing and overcoming cultural and social barriers that women face when entering STEM education.
- Leadership: Promote women in the technology sector-Initiatives that promote gender equality in ICT careers, especially initiatives where girls and women are cultivated as creators, developers, leaders and decision-makers.
- Open to all people, projects and programmes
- Anyone from the Civil society, public sector, UN system and international organizations, private sector or academia can be nominated
- Outstanding initiatives that use the power of information and communication technologies (ICTs) to empower women and girls are invited to submit nominations for the prestigious “Equals in Tech” Awards.
You can nominate yourself or others – civil society, public sector, UN system and international organizations, private sector or academia – who have done exceptional work in the Areas listed above.
If you have any questions, please email us: Equalsfirstname.lastname@example.org
For more information click here