The Beacon Scholarship 2019-20 for High School Students
The Beacon Scholarship for High School Students is an initiative by the Beacon Equity Trust. The aim of this program is leadership development among talented high school students in Eastern Africa.
The Beacon Trust has teamed up with some of the best schools in Uganda, Kenya, and Tanzania to provide high-quality education to scholars with great potential. The organization believes that a student’s financial status should not interfere in their road to success.
The scholars are expected to be dedicated to their academics along with leadership. The trust hopes that its graduate will use this opportunity to develop themselves and lead others in their way.
The Beacon Equity was founded in 2009 in the United Kingdom. It is an educational charity which operates to support the Beacon Scholarship. The Scholarship is focused on East Africa.
The aim of this organization is to educate the exceptional few and train them to have a positive impact on their community. The graduates of this program pave their way to significant leadership positions and guide others who are less fortunate than they are.
The trust selects all-rounders who have the capacity to ‘take people with them’ and are already making a difference in their society. They enable the scholars to access top schools through scholarships using a stakeholder model: education costs are split 1/3 Beacon Partners; 1/3 Beacon; and 1/3 parents, sponsors or guardians. Each scholar meets with their individual mentor at least 4 times a year and reviews performance targets.Two leadership trainings are offered in a year, and scholars must do a Citizenship Project.
- Up to one-third of a student’s tuition will be covered.
- Up to 26 scholarships for 16 top schools in Uganda, Kenya, and Tanzania are available for 2019-20 session.
- The applicants must have excellent academics along with more than one active ECA.
- The candidates must be shown to have a commitment for their society and people who are less fortunate than they are.
- The students must be 13-18 of age and citizens of Uganda, Kenya, and Tanzania.
- The parents/guardian/sponsor of the scholar must be able to afford at least two third of the cost of tuition. Other additional expenses are not covered by this scholarship.
Eligible Regions: Eastern African Countries.
Apply online through the link given.
Application Deadline: February 27, 2019
JOIN OUR GROUP CHATS