Deadline : 30 November 2017
Duty Station : Abuja (NIGERIA)
Level : G-5 (General Service)
- Implementation of HR strategies
- Implementation of HR services
- Support to staff career management and career development
- Support to UN-related surveys
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input to the CO business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Preparation of draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements, compiling matrixes, performing functions of Secretary in interview panels.
- Creation/update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, setting up vendor performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts (100/300 SSAs, SCs).
- Tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
- Maintenance of the CO staffing table.
- Collection of background information for submissions to the Local Appointment and Promotion Board (CRP).
- Update of the CO rosters.
- Maintenance of proper filing system for HR records and documents.
- Provision of information for cost-recovery bills in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Provision of background information to CRG.
- Provision of background information for drafting Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans.
- Collection of information for comprehensive and interim local salary, participation in he work of LSSC, hardship and place-to-place surveys.
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/projects staff on HR.
- Contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- University degree in Business or Public Administration or any relevant field. Specialized certification in HR will be an added advantage
- 5 years of relevant HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.