Women Techmakers Scholars Program 2019-2020 (For USA and Canada) Apply Now!
Google’s Women Techmakers program provides visibility, community, and resources for women in technology. From 2014 to present, Women Techmakers is continually launching global scalable initiatives and piloting new programs to support and empower women in the industry.
Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program – Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.
A group of undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership and academic background. The program is open to qualified students who meet the criteria and we strongly encourage people who identify as female to apply.
- Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive $10,000 USD (for students in the US) or $5,000 CAD (for students in Canada) for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the annual Google Scholars’ Retreat in Mountain View, California in 2019 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of development workshops.
- Professional development and community outreach opportunities will continue to be offered after the retreat.
- As a Women Techmakers Scholar, you will join a global community of Scholars Program participants designed to provide a forum to share resources, support other women in tech and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
- The Women Techmakers Scholarship is a one-time scholarship.
- The program is open to qualified students who meet the criteria and we strongly encourage people who identify as female to apply.
- Currently, be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D. program at a university in the United States or Canada for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science
- While past applicants and finalists are encouraged to reapply, unfortunately, past recipients of any Google scholarship, including the Women Techmakers Scholarship and Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship, are not eligible to apply.
Eligible Regions: USA & Canada
- Apply online through the given link
- Followings are the application requirements:
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions)
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to five essay questions
December 6, 2018