World Health Organization (WHO) Urgently in Need of ICT Personnel
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The unit will provide the services of information and communication technology to WHO Country Office.
Description Of Duties
1. Installation, Administration and Maintenance
(i) Coordinate the installation and maintenance of all ICT hardware and software; according to AFRO ICT standard.
(ii) Ensure uninterrupted and effective ICT services to the office.
(iii) Install and support LAN/WAN and data communications systems as per AFRO ICT Standard (Windows Operating System XP/2000/2003, TCP/IP, Ethernet, VPN, PIX, Firewall, Proxy server, Microsoft Exchange server 2003, VSAT, VolP, SNMP. DNS, DHCP, etc…)
(iv) Maintain, troubleshoot and repair ICT equipment.
(v) Perform daily server backup of data files;
(vi) Set up and maintain disaster recovery procedures;
(vii) Set up and maintain security of the ICT infrastructure (hacker and virus protection, protection against power failure, fire protection, etc;
(viii) Maintain inventory of ICT equipment and software;
(ix) Administer software and updates;
(x) Liaise with other UN agencies and external partners on ICT matters.
(i) Make a quarterly report on informatics equipment inventory;
(ii) Provide technical documentation concerning all ICT related activities and update it; Make a monthly activity report
3. User and Administrative Support
(i) Provide in-house training/assistance to staff on usage of informatics equipment (computers accessories) programs (software);
(ii) Assist in the design and implementation of database applications and other computer programmes;
(iii) Coordinate the activities of external consultants;
(iv) Act as ICT/AFRO focal point at WHO Country Office level;
Perform other duties as required
Essential: University degree in electronics or communications engineering or computer technology
Desirable: Experience in telecommunications and information technology related matters
Essential: Two years of experience in administration of information and communications technology. Good knowledge of GSM System or similar ERP Systems; Experience with staff training in the use of management information systems.
Desirable: Experience in the integrating Voice and Data Communications field: LAN design, maintenance and troubleshooting roster configuration, IP address schemes, internet/tunneling.
Very good knowledge of LAN and TCP/IP networking, Windows 2000 and XP Professional Windows 2000/2003 Server, Microsoft Active Directory;Good knowledge of E-mail system’s administration (Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2000/2003; Good knowledge of computer security including firewall and Virus protection; Good knowledge of Data backup and Disaster Recovery procedures (Veritas Backup Exec is the software used); Good knowledge of Database programming with visual Basic; Good knowledge of the Administration of telecommunication systems including PBX; Ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems; ability to write technical documents.
SEE ALSO: Job Opportunities
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Use of Language Skills
Essential: Excellent knowledge of English
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN 15,384,565 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
Apr 12, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.