Application Closes: July 9, 2017
Vital Voices and Bank of America launched a signature partnership to advance women’s economic empowerment through leadership development and skills-building. The Global Ambassadors Program connects extraordinary women leaders to a unique mentorship opportunity, including one-on-one mentoring sessions and strategic workshops focused on building organizational management, financial acumen and leadership skills.
At each week-long Global Ambassadors Program, they bring together between eight to twelve women leaders (mentees) from business, social enterprise or non-profit organizations around the world to work with a cohort of Global Ambassadors, established women executives from a range of sectors and organizations, on the challenges facing mentees and their organizations. The mentees are at a tipping point in their professional, organizational and leadership paths. Sessions are designed to offer opportunities for coaching and skills-development, from strategic planning to team management, effective communications, building a stronger balance sheet and growing revenue streams.
The Global Ambassadors Program being held in Chicago, Illinois (September 11-15, 2017) will address the ongoing needs and challenges facing women leaders engaged in the private sector, social enterprise and non-profits from the Chicago area in the United States, as well from countries around the world, and will underscore the critical function that women can and must play in moving local economies forward and highlight the role of women as drivers of innovation and socio-economic growth. This program provides a unique opportunity for women leaders in business, social enterprise and non-profits to invest in themselves and their leadership journey.
- All travel, meals and accommodation costs for mentees participating in this program are covered in full by the Global Ambassadors Program.
- Mentees will be women who are leaders of non-profit organizations and institutions; businesswomen, entrepreneurs or social entrepreneurs, selected from the Chicago area and all other countries outside of the U.S;
- Mentees will be selected from:
- United States – the Chicago area;
- All other countries outside of the US
Mentee/Applicant Selection Criteria
- All program sessions will be conducted in English and mentees must be able to converse and present fluently in English;
- Applicants must be able to commit to attending the full 5 days of the program commencing on Monday morning and ending on Friday night;
- Applicants must have the capacity to take advantage of a senior executive as a mentor (i.e. must be able to develop and implement strategic plans, marketing strategy or business plans);
- Applicants must have a minimum of 10-20 years of experience in a professional setting;
- The applicant must have worked in her existing enterprise / organization for at least 5-7 years;
- The applicant’s enterprise / organization should have a minimum annual revenue of at least US$ 250,000 and a maximum annual turnover of US$ 10 million;
- Applicants must be the lead decision-maker within their enterprise/organization. i.e. they should be the CEO / President / Managing Director / Owner / Founder etc;
- Applicants are interested in shaping the community dialogue about women’s advancement in their region, and wield the influence necessary to do so.
Applicants are to:
- Complete and submit this online Application Questionnaire
- Submit a two-minute video
This online application process may take up to 2 hours to complete. Applications should be submitted by Sunday, July 9, 2017. Any incomplete applications, or any applications received after Sunday, July 9, 2017 will not be considered. Applications submitted without the 2 minute video will not be considered.
If selected to participate in this program, mentees will be required to submit a complete business plan at least 6 weeks before the start of the program.
Visit GAP Website for more information