European Charlemagne Youth Prize 2018 in Germany
Since 2008, the European Parliament together with the ‘Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen’ has each year been inviting young people from all EU Member States to submit projects run by and for youth showing an active participation in the development of Europe.
The Parliament acts as a co-legislator, sharing with the Council the power to adopt and amend legislative proposals and to decide on the EU budget. It also supervises the work of the Commission and other EU bodies and cooperates with national parliaments of EU countries to get their input. See how it all works here.
January 29, 2018
- The prize for the project:
- The first: €7500
- The second €5000
- The third €2500
- As part of the prize, the three European laureates are invited to visit the European Parliament in Brussels or Strasbourg
- Young people aged between 16 and 30 from any EU Member States can submit projects for the European Charlemagne Youth Prize
- Projects can be submitted individually or, preferably, in groups
- They should promote European and international understanding, foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration, and provide role models for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community
Eligible Regions: The EU Member States