Application CLoses: January, 10th 2018
More than 350 passionate youth advocates from around the world will convene for the 7th annual Girl Up Leadership Summit in Washington, D.C. For three jam-packed days, these young change-makers will participate in leadership training, learn from influential speakers, engage in skills-based workshops, and lead an official lobby day on Capitol Hill.
Through mentorship by Girl Up experts, celebrity champions, women trailblazers, and gender equality experts, Summit participants will gain core leadership skills, training in community-building and advocacy, and experience interacting with members of Congress on Capitol Hill. The Summit strives to empower, educate and embolden the potential of every youth leader there.
- General Need-Based Financial Assistance upto $1000 per person
- Need-Based Regional Scholarships are also available
- Roundtrip flight to and from hometown airport to Washington D.C. (booked directly by Girl Up)
- Three nights of shared lodging at the official Summit hotel (to be booked directly by Girl Up)
- Transportation to and from the airport to the official Summit hotel
- Compensated Leadership Summit registration fee
- $50 stipend (in the form of a check) to be used for dinners
- Must be entering the US equivalent to grades 9-12 (high school or secondary school)
- Must live/reside in one of the above regions and/or specific states listed
- Must be able to attend the entire Leadership Summit (July 8-11, 2018)
Eligible Regions: Open for All