Application Closes: 30th November 2017.
Eligible Countries: All
To Be Taken At (Country): USA
About the Award: The Women’s Leadership Accelerator is aimed at leaders who are pushing innovation in digital media. In addition to learning leadership skills and tools for navigating change, you will get practical feedback on a challenge specific to your career — a realistic obstacle you’d like to overcome, or an aspirational goal you’d like to achieve, either within your organization or as an independent project.
The Accelerator is designed for practitioners working in digital media, including freelancers, entrepreneurs and independent journalists, who are pushing innovation in digital media. This means we’re looking for women who not only have an understanding of the digital journalism landscape but who are helping to advance it in innovative ways.
- Women from a range of disciplines, including startups, digital-only, legacy media and blended newsrooms, broadcast and technology companies.
- Applicants should have leadership experience, which can mean managing people or projects, and be committed to further developing their skills.
Number of Awards: 25
Value of Award: The Women’s Leadership Accelerator provides:
- A week of hands-on personal and professional work; candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance and problem-solving in the newsroom; deep dives on developing leadership and management skills; inspiring visits to digital media organizations; and one-on-one mentoring from some of the top women leaders in digital journalism, Feb. 25-March 2, 2018 at USC Annenberg.
- A year of check-ins and practical, targeted guidance and personal coaching on individual challenges.
- Registration, travel and accommodations for the Online News Association Conference in Austin, TX, Sept. 13-15, 2018.
- Workshops tailored to the needs of the cohort, including a half-day workshop for women in the program during ONA18.
- The opportunity to be a part of a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system.
Duration of Program:
- Participants announced: January 2018
- Women’s Leadership Accelerator at USC Annenberg: Feb. 25-March 2, 2018